Gluten Free Sticky Gingerbread Pudding
This gluten-free recipe is perfect for a comforting and warming dessert on a winter’s night, especially on bonfire night. The gingerbread pudding is sticky and delicious, and it can be served with custard for an extra sweet touch. Here is how to make it, along with the nutritional information:
|Butter / margarine / dairy-free alternative
|Gluten free plain flour
|Milk / dairy-free alternative
|Large free-range egg
- Preheat the oven to 160°C /140°C fan / gas 3. Grease and line a square tin.
- Place the treacle, syrup, sugar, and butter in a heavy-based saucepan, and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Put the mixture to one side to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, xanthan gum, bicarbonate soda, ginger, and mixed spice.
- Slowly add the milk to the syrup mixture, making sure the mixture is tepid and not too hot as the milk will curdle.
- Pour the syrup mixture into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly until smooth. Add the egg and mix again, then stir in the glazed ginger until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm with custard.
Serve this warm with lashings of custard or on it’s own and enjoy x
Here’s the nutritional information per 100g of Gluten-Free Sticky Gingerbread Pudding:
|Quantity per 100g
|286 kCal / 1196 kJ
Please note that the nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used.