Gluten Free Steak and Stilton Pie Recipe
This is a favourite when the weather is rubbish out, it was also one of the favourite pies on our markets they would always sell out.
It’s a deep filled pie with loads of filling and gravy with blue stilton sprinkled on the filling it melts into the pie and the pastry.
- Mandy’s gluten free Shortcrust pastry
- 750g Stewing steak diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion chopped
- 250g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp gluten free bouillon.
- Gluten free gravy granules
- A good size block of blue Stilton grated.
- Egg wash
- Make the pastry as to the recipe.
- Fry the chopped onion for 2 minute until soft.
- Season the stewing steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the steak to the onions and fry until sealed.
- Cover with boiling water and add the bouillon and simmer for 3hrs untill tender.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan for the last 10 minutes.
- Add the gravy granules to thicken up the gravy. Let it cool.
- Preheat you oven 180c / 160c fan / gas 4.
- Cut the pastry into two pieces, you want more for the bottom, than the top
- Roll out the bottom pastry and put it in your pie dish leaving the edges hanging over.
- Add your filling and sprinkle grated stilton on top of it.
- Roll out your top for your pie.
- Egg wash around the edges of your pie and put your lid on and crimp around with your thumb.
- Cut the edges and use the extra to make pretty leaves or what ever you like.
- Egg wash the top and put it in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with chips or potatoes and with vegetables or peas and enjoy x