Gluten Free Shawarma Chicken
I got a new toy the other day after seeing it on Facebook.
I love doing kebabs and have tried doing them on a skewer standing up in a onion and a potato but they always fall over or don’t fit in the oven and I end up putting them on their side.
Well this little gadget worked a treat it they didn’t fall over and it was cooked perfectly. It’s called mySpike you can order them online at www.myspike.co.uk
Like I said I do like making kebabs and I have cooked this recipe for a while now making the shawarma mix it’s a healthy way of cooking and you feel like you have been to the takeaway without the risk.
Chicken Shawarma Recipe
|2 tsp cumin 2 tsp ground coriander 2 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp paprika 2 tsp garlic powder 2 tsp allspice 1 tsp chilli flakes (keep in airtight jar until needed)
|2 large, sliced thinly
|Chopped, to taste
|Juice of 1 lemon
|1 clove, crushed
- In a bowl, mix together 2 tables spoons shawarma mix, fat-free yogurt, chopped coriander, lemon juice, tomato puree, and crushed garlic.
- Add the sliced chicken breasts to the bowl and mix well to coat the chicken in the marinade. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan, gas 6).
- Load the chicken and marinade onto a kebab spike and place it on a baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove the kebab spike from the tray and place the cooked chicken onto a chopping board. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Serve with salad, pita bread, or any other accompaniments of your choice.
|Amount per 100g