Gluten free Onion Bhaji Recipe
I love curry night and every time I go to the supermarket for onion bhaji they are never gluten free and it’s most annoying because a real onion bhaji is gluten free because they are made with gram flour.
This gluten free onion bhaji recipe is easy to make and they are a nice accompaniment to a curry, or can be served on their own.
- 2 big onions sliced thinly or spiralised which gives it an even cut.
- 210g gram flour / chickpea flour.
- 1tsp baking powder.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Good hand full of Chopped fresh coriander.
- 2 tsp lemon juice.
- Oil for frying
- Place the gram flour, baking powder,cumin, turmeric, chilli flakes and chopped coriander in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the lemon juice and the water a little at a time to make thick paste.
- Add the onions to coat them all in the paste.
- In a wok or deep fry pan add the oil so you have a inch of oil.
- Gently heat the oil and add a tablespoon of mixture do two at a time
- Fry for three minutes one side then turn over with a slotted spoon and do the other side.
- Lift out and place on kitchen paper to drain.
- Repeat until the mixture has gone.
I hope you enjoy x