Gluten Free Fat Free Sponge Cake Recipe
This is a recipe for a gluten free and fat free sponge cake it is so light and airy.
- 6 large free range eggs separated.
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar.
- 150g caster sugar halved.
- 155g gluten free plain flour.
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven 180c /160c / gas 4, spray and line two 7 inch sandwich cake tins.
- Beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar together until peaks form.
- Add half the sugar a little at a time.
- Beat the egg yolks and the other half of the sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites and with a spatula mix together until blended together.
- Sieve the flour and xanthan gum to the mixture and mix together.
- Divide between two tins and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in the tins when cool put jam and cream and sieve some icing sugar on the top
This gluten free sponge is a dairy free cake too if you use a filling like a dairy free butter cream. Nice with a cuppa enjoy x