Gluten Free Egg Custard Tart Recipe
Whenever we visited my grandma’s house she would always have egg custard tarts.
Well I wasn’t diagnosed with coeliacs then and loved them.
I always had the gluten free version of these Egg Custard Tarts on the market stall as it was a good way of using up any left over pastry.
You have them as individual tarts or make a family sized one, it’s up to you.
So here is my gluten free egg custard tart recipe.
- Mandy’s gluten free shortcrust pastry.
- 300ml full fat milk
- 200ml double cream
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven 180c / 160c fan / gas 4
- Line the tart tin with the pastry cover with greaseproof paper and baking beans and blind bake for 10 minutes put on a baking tray.
- In a saucepan bring the cream and milk to near boiling.
- In a bowl add the caster sugar, eggs and egg yolks and whisk together thoroughly.
- Pour the milk on to the egg mix and whisk together.
- When the pastry is done turn the oven down to 160c / 140c fan / gas 3
- With a fine sieve pour the egg mixture in the tart base.
- Put back on the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- This is where you find any holes in the pastry so the baking tray will catch them.
Leave to cool in the tray and enjoy x