Gluten Free Baked Doughnuts Recipe
I have meaning to have ago at making gluten free baked doughnuts for a while, since I got my new Wilton Doughnut Baking Tin from Amazon.
I have been playing around with different gluten free donut recipes and this one works a treat with the texture and crumb.
- 200g gluten free plain flour.
- 1tsp gf baking powder
- 3 large free range eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of a lemon
- 100g butter/ dairy free version melted and cooled
- 50 mk milk / dairy free version.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and the lemon zest together until pale and fuffy.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and part of the milk into the eggs and mix together thoroughly.
- When the flour is well mixed add the butter and the rest of the milk.
- Leave the mixture to stand for 15 minutes.
- In a greased doughnut tray spoon the mixture and place into a preheated oven 180c /160c/ gas 4 for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool I got 12 out of the mixture.
When cooled you can decorate how ever you like, you can dip into chocolate, or icing dribbled over, or if you want them plain before cooling dip them in sugar and cinnamon.
These are lovely with a cuppa enjoy !!